A company may be on PETA’s “Companies That Do Test” list for the following reasons:
- It tests its final product on animals.
- It tests any ingredients on animals.
- It uses a third-party supplier that tests on animals.
- It hasn’t assured PETA that it doesn’t conduct tests.
- It tests on animals “where required by law.”
- It tests on animals to sell its products in China.*
*Thanks to PETA’s work, the Chinese government has begun to approve non-animal methods for testing cosmetic products. As testing regulations have relaxed, PETA has worked with iconic brands that sell their products in China, including Dove and Herbal Essences, to ban all animal tests.